This weekend, there is an amazing vintage clothing and accessories extravaganza going on in Brooklyn!
Here’s more info from In Your Closet NYC:
We’re going to be participating in a 3 day Vintage sale starting [this] weekend, curated by our friends over at Jelly NYC!
Other vendors include The Shiny Squirrel, Bonnie English, Brooklyn Rehab and Sweet Virginia.
At the vintage sale, expect lots of new vintage goods from us, more than what we have in our online store. We’ve been saving up just for this sale!
It’s going to start Saturday February 27th – Monday March 1st, each day 12 – 8
located at 522 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211
In order to get you all pumped for this amazing sale, I’ve decided to base this week’s Get Dressed to This around one of the amazing pieces I found on the Bonnie English Etsy Site and a genius mix by Franki Chan for URB Magazine (which features a ton of throwback tunes, some seriously vintage samples, and a lot of hot new tracks you may have heard HERE once or twice :-):
FRANKI CHAN – EXCLUSIVE MIX FOR URB MAGAZINE (click to dl/play)
tracklist can be found below and in the Music Archive
1. Gold Pearl Medallion Brooch Flower Chain Fringe Indie Party Necklace, Bonnie English (Etsy page), $107 USD: Wow, could they have picked a longer name? I guess it makes sense, though, considering the many twists, turns, and features of this beautiful necklace.
2. Time Travel Dress, Modcloth, $78 USD: What a fitting name for a vintage-inspired dress from Mod Cloth. The periwinkle and gold vertical stripes are a cute added touch for this comfy but stylish piece. It’s satin-y finish also makes it great for adding a little shine to a night out.
3. Nine West “Naughty” Black Patent Leather Pointed-Toe Flat, Piperlime, $59 USD: While these shoes are a bit understated, their patent leather helps bring the outfit together. The necklace is practically an outfit on its own, however, so pairing it with shoes that are over-the-top would distract and confuse the viewer (and maybe even the wearer!).
While the look above is more day and drinks, though it can clearly travel on over to night and dancing with the right makeup (and swagger), I thought I’d add one more amazing dress from Mod Cloth (seriously, there are so many adorable and affordable pieces on their site right now, you’d be crazy to not at least go take a peek). Just throw off the necklace, change the dress, and voila! Instant night readiness:
Shakudo Dress, Mod Cloth, $72 USD
1. French Fries – Predador (BeatauCue Remix)
2. Bobmo – Turn On Drop Out
3. Nouveau Yorican – Boriqua (Harvard Bass Remix)
4. MVSEVM – French Jeans (Style Of Eye Remix)
5. Solo – Minimood
6. Yolanda Be Cool – Villalobos For Presidente
7. The Very Best – Nsokoto (Franki Chan Remix)
8. Pablo Calamari & Velicious – Think About You (Playmode Remix)
9. Gramophonedzie – Why Don’t You (Bongo Players Remix)
10. Computer Juice – Computer Juice (Tai & D.I.M. Remix)
11. Hot Pink Delorean – Let’s Go
12. Drop The Lime – Sex Sax
13. Udachi – P-Funk Skank (Nadastrom Remix)
14. Partysquad – Pull Up
15. L-VIS 1990 – United Groove (Sound Pellegrino Remix)
16. Cassian – Friday Night
17. Ray Mang – Bulletproof
18. Invasion – Spells Of Deception (Boy 8-Bit Remix)
19. Mr. Vega – Play Me At Pacha Louder
20. Dustin Zahn – Stranger To Stability (Len Faki Podium Mix)
21. Mom & Dad – Judas (SonicC Remix)
22. NROTB – Droplet
23. Acid Girls – Lightworks
24. The XX – Crystalized (Rory Phillips Remix)
– Retail DJ