We often play music when we get ready, but shower time usually gets neglected or left to the torture of our own voices across the plastic curtain. Yeah, singing in the shower is fine, but every now and then, you need an actual track. Whereas most are known for putting their vocal cords to the test under the nozzle, I give my feet some work by dancing in the shower instead. So when Homework came out with a 15 minute mix for Data Transmission, I knew I had found my soundtrack.
The mix features some old favorites along with some new stuff and a slightly more soulful sound. Oh and did I mention it’s great to dance to?
But beyond dancing, I wanted to actually provide you with some product suggestions for curing winter dryness without wasting time as all these products can be used in the shower! Anyway, lather up and Get [showered] Dressed To This:
(click to play; click the small arrow on the right to download)
tracklist (below) after the jump
1. Whipped Pudding by Oyin: smells like chocolate and can be used as body butter or deep conditioner for people with super dry skin/hair
2. Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner by Ojon: reduces frizz, gives hair a glossy finish, and leaves a rich, buttery scent
3. Brown Sugar Body Polish by Fresh: this citrus-y delight is super refreshing and helps buff away flaky, dead, dry skin in just one use
4. Face Butter by Carol’s Daughter: while it sounds like a facial skin nightmare, this moisture-rich, non-greasy treatment helps keep your face radiant in the cold
5. Advanced Care Moisturizing Cream by Aveeno: a leader in dry skin care, Aveeno’s moisturizing cream is excellent for dry, cracked skin (try sleeping with it on covered hands and feet at night to wake up with super soft results)
6. Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit & Sweet Orange Lipcare by Pangea Organics: keeps your lips moisturized and soft without a greasy mess